SCHOOL RULES & DISCIPLINE
1. The school hours are from 08.50 a.m. to 03.45 p.m. daily.
2. Students should report at the school at the latest by 08.45 a.m. Those who reach the school after this will be marked as Late Arrivals.
3. A student who comes late to the school will lose his/her attendance. The parents will be intimated about the same. If the student is not found keeping time even after being served with 3 warning notes, he/she will be sent back home at the risk of the parent.
4. Students should behave respectfully towards the members of the staff.
5. Students should bring diary daily to the school and get all the entries up to date. A student who does not bring the diary to the school may be suspended from the class.
6. Scribbled or disfigured diary is not acceptable. In case a diary is lost or damaged out of use, the same shall be replaced with a new one immediately.
7. The campus language for communication is English. Persistent negligence of this rule will entail suspension or imposition of fine.
8. Students must wear school uniform on each day and on any event specified by the school.
9. Students must avoid wearing gold/precious metal ornaments.
10. Chocolates, chewing gum, tobacco products, or other harmful products must not be brought to school either for consumption or for distribution.
11. Students should not be found possessing periodicals, magazines, books or any undesirable printed materials other than school & library books.
12. They should not be carrying money or valuable articles, mobile phones, video/audio cassettes or games, CDs, USB devices or electronic items for personal entertainment.
13. Violation of the above three clauses can lead to disciplinary action and expulsion from the school.
14. Students are not allowed to drive motorbikes/vehicles into the campus.
15. Students should not be found outside their classrooms during teaching hours without the written permission from the teacher in-charge of the class in progress.
16. Students will not be allowed to leave the campus during lunch break and hence should carry lunch with them.
17. No student must leave the campus without the permission of the V.P/Principal.
18. All are expected to attend the school on the reopening day, after the vacation.
19. Students must attend classes the whole day to make themselves eligible to get the attendance for the day. Arriving late to the class or leaving the class in between sessions will lose them the whole day’s attendance, whatever the reasons may be.
20. A student who has been absent from the school without prior sanction will not be admitted to the class unless the parent/guardian sends a proper explanation for absence in the space provided in the diary in advance.
21. A student who has been continuously absent for three consecutive days is obliged to submit a medical certificate.
22. If a student is absent due to illness or for unavoidable reason for more than a week, the school authorities must be informed of it immediately in writing. In case of illness, a medical certificate to the effect must be produced on joining.
23. The name of the student who has been continuously absent for twelve working days, and who has failed to apply for leave will be struck off the rolls. However, the principal can readmit such a student if he is satisfied with the explanation given by the parent/ guardian and a readmission fee of Rs. 1000/- is paid along with other dues, if any.
24. Irregular attendance, habitual negligence in school work, dishonesty, obscenity in words or act, insubordination or serious misconduct are sufficient reasons for dismissal.
25. The dress, conduct and behaviour of the students in the school premises as well as at home and outside should be such as, will enhance the reputation of the school and parents/guardians are to guide them to set an example in this regard.
26. Students are expected to use decent swimming suits.
27. Students are responsible for the safe custody of their books and belongings. The school will not be responsible for money, books, clothes and any other valuable items lost by the student, but authorities will make an effort to trace the lost article, if the loss is reported promptly.
28. Any damage done to school property or the property of other students will have to be made good.
29. Cleanliness of person and clothes is expected of every student. Those who come to the school with untidy/creased dress, untrimmed nails, unkempt hair etc. are liable to be fined.
30. Students should be careful not to litter the classes or the school compound. Waste should be disposed of in the dustbins meant for the same.
31. Students are not allowed to bring sharpener or cutter to school, instead students should carry 3 to 4 sharpened pencils daily to school.
32. Students should not tear any pages from the Handbook, textbooks or notebooks.
33. In the absence of the teacher, the class is expected to remain disciplined and silent under the leadership of the class monitor.
34. Students are not allowed to celebrate their birthdays in the school. They shall not be wearing any dress other than the school uniform. They should not distribute sweets/gifts etc. on any occasion.
35. No child suffering from any contagious or infectious disease will be allowed to attend the school.
36. All correspondence addressed to the students are subject to inspection if felt necessary by the authorities.
37. Newly admitted students must be introduced personally by their parents/guardian, who will be responsible to the Principal for the candidate’s conduct, payment of fees and other contributions if any.
38. Students will not be sent along with anybody other than the parents or the authorized guardian during school hours, unless an authorization letter signed by the parent/guardian is presented by the person.
39. It is obligatory on the part of the students who win the intra school competitions to represent the institution in any inter school competition which the school deems fit. They cannot withdraw their names of their own accord. A student who does not abide by this rule will not be permitted to participate in intra school competitions in future.
40. The school reserves the right to expel any student when it is felt necessary to do so in the interest of the institution. Any student found guilty of breaking school rules and regulations shall be given a verbal warning in the first instance. A written warning will follow this up in case of repetition. If there is any further breaking of the rules, then the school may take any action it deems fit, including expulsion. Any one expelled will have no legal remedy against the school
Grading Scale for Scholastic Areas(Classes I-VIII) (school will award grades as per the following grading scale)
Co-Scholastic Activities (classes VI-VIII):
For the holistic development of the student, co-curricular activities in the following areas be carried out by the teachers and will be graded term-wise on a 3-point grading scale (A=Outstanding, B=Very Good and C=Fair). The aspect of regularity, sincere participation, output and teamwork be the generic criteria for grading in the following co-scholastic activities:
(a) Work Education – Work Education refers to skill-based activities resulting in goods or services useful to the community.
(b) Art Education (Visual & Performing Art)
(c) Health and Physical Education (Sports/ Martial Arts / Yoga / NCC etc.)
Discipline (Classes VI -VIII) :
The students will also be assessed for the discipline which will be based on the factors like attendance, sincerity, behavior, values, tidiness, respectfulness for the rules and regulations, attitude towards society, nation and others. (A = Outstanding, B = Very Good and C = Fair)
Scholastic Area :
The assessment structure and examination for classes VI to VIII have been prepared in view of the provisions of RTE -Act 2009 and comprises of two terms i.e. Term -1 and 2.
SCHOOL WORKING DAYS AND HOURS
The school is open for six days a week, Monday to Saturday. School hours for pupils are from 8.50 a.m. to 3.45 p.m. Students should reach the school before 8.45 a.m. and are expected to leave promptly at 3.45 p.m. They should get written permission from the V.P/Principal to stay back after the school hours. Saturdays will be holidays for LKG to Grade II. Second Saturdays will be holidays for all classes. The school Office will be open on all working days between 08.30 am. & 05.00 pm.
The school holidays are displayed in the school almanac and it is attached to school dairy. The school will inform parents about any alterations in these dates. Attendance of students on National Holidays, Independence Day, Republic Day, is compulsory and absence on these important days will be viewed seriously. Parents are advised to contact the office to confirm a holiday if it is in the event of any law and order situation, local or otherwise, as the school will not be in a position to declare a holiday in advance